How do doctors use mobile apps?
For our regular client – an international research agency – we conducted a research of mobile applications used by doctors of different specialisations. The aim of the project was to find out:
- ways of gaining specialist knowledge in the medical industry,
- the scope of use of applications running on mobile devices,
- ability to use the application to provide treatment and maintain contact with patients.
A CATI research of mobile applications
We conducted 200 quantitative CATI interviews. As a result, we got to know the opinions of representatives of various medical specialties. Primary care physicians and specialists shared with us their views, including:
- how they use medical applications,
- their activity in online medical communities,
- frequency of visiting the medical websites for specialists,
- attitude towards receiving industry information directly from pharmaceutical companies,
- interest in the new offer – the ability to communicate with patients and provide treatment using mobile applications.
Detailed knowledge about the preferences of the target group
Our client gained insight into the attitude of Polish doctors towards mobile applications. An in-depth knowledge of the market and potential customers became the basis for taking strategic business decisions.